The Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5-inch cooker is the supersized version of the Smokey mountain 18.5-inch model. They are both charcoal smokers that are designed to provide the consumer with a genuine smokehouse flavor, in the privacy of your home. Unlike a “smoker grill,” which has a dual purpose as a barbecue, Weber smokers use smoking wood and charcoal for a slow and steady cook.
The Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5-inch cooker is made up of three separate sections. At the base is a container where you would place your smoking wood and charcoal. The middle section is where you find the first heavy duty grate, with a water pan beneath it to aid in infusing moisture into your meats. The top, or dome, is where your second cooking grate resides.
The included water pan for the Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 helps to protect your foods from the smoking fire’s direct heat. It also helps to regulate the temperature for optimal results by creating a highly humid environment. There is also a built-in thermometer to help monitor and control the temperature on your Weber smoker.
There is a bit of self-assembly required, but there is nothing complicated about it and detailed instructions are included. Also included with your Weber smoker are an owner’s manual and a booklet filled with delicious recipes.
Specifications and Features
The Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 is constructed using high-tech porcelain-enameled steel
- Two heavy duty oversized cooking grates
- Porcelain-enameled steel water pan
- Cooking area with 726 square inches of space
- Built-in temperature setting (thermometer)
- Premium, durable cover
- Approximate overall dimensions: 23 inches x 24 inches x four feet high
- Color: black
- Approximate shipping weight: 76 pounds
- Actual weight of product: 68 pounds
- Warranty: 10-year limited
Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker Advantages
The Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 is durable and long-lasting due to its premium-grade porcelain-enameled steel
- Easy to assemble, and even easier to clean up after a delicious meal
- Super-sized cooking volume
- The water pan has increased capacity
- The built-in thermometer ensures your foods are cooked to perfection
- The charcoal grate and access door have been vastly improved over previous models
Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker Disadvantages
Missing parts upon delivery (nine times out of ten this comes down to misplaced parts while a consumer was unpacking the item, but Weber will still replace anything that is claimed as missing)
- Excessive cost (as with anything of high quality, with added benefits comes added cost, yet experts agree that the Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 is well worth the cost and that choosing a cheaper brand will leave you dissatisfied down the road)
- Difficulty maintaining the proper temperature (this can be fixed by adjusting the door to make sure it is properly seated to the housing)
As stated earlier, if you want that original flavor of a smokehouse in the comfort of your home, you need to invest in a charcoal smoker. The slow-cooking Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5, with its porcelain-enameled water pan (which adds needed moisture to the cooking process) helps make your meats moist, juicy, and delicious, time after time.
The extra-spacious cooking surface lets you cook many different items at the same time, which is perfect for parties or gatherings with your friends. With the integrated thermometer, you can maintain the internal temperature at any level you desire. If you are considering the purchase of a smoker, I would highly recommend the Weber 22.5-inch smoker. High-quality, durability, high-volume cooking ability and a 10-year warranty add up to a great decision.